Hammock Vs Tents
Hammocks are much more than a place to just relax. They are also a lightweight travel and camping option that will keep you dry and cosy in even the toughest conditions. Check our these hammock camping benefits for more information.
- Looking up at the stars: Hammocks allow you to sleep under the stars
- No points of resistance: Hammock distributes weight evenly. Less pressure points than a mat or pad on the ground.
- No condensation: Breathable, allows airflow in the summer months
- Less impact on the environment: Tree friendly straps that hug trees safely. Reduces trampling of grass or vegetation.
- Hang above the ground: Big advantage of being above the ground, can camp above the snow, swamps or pools of water. No digging trenches around your tent or waking up in a pool of water. Away from rodents and pests.
- Doubles as a seat: Its great to set your hammock up just to relax on a break. Light enough to carry in your day pack, gives you a reason to hike back to your favourite spot and set up your hammock to relax.
- Weight: Comparable to an ultra light solo tent, more flexibility and space. Pick and choose what accessories you want for each trip. Ultra light options available.
- Space: More space under a tarp to work with. Keeps multiple people dry in a pinch. Store the tarp on the outside of your pack so it dries as you hike and is easy to access in am emergency.
- Colours: Huge range of colours available, large selection of bright colours that search and rescue can see from the air. Doubles as a stretcher or sling etc.
- Heat Distribution: Even heat distribution with several options to stay warm. Use your existing kit or buy specialised hammock accessories to increase functionality.
- Help Recovery: Optimal blood circulation, better sleep, stress reduction, helps muscle aches and improves focus.